5 Easy Cold Lunch Meals
We’ve all been there – you’re at work or school and you’re hungry so you go to reheat your meal only to find out there is no microwave. Or your job requires you to be on the road all day and you don’t have access to a microwave. It’s a frustrating feeling! But I have good news – there are tons of meals that you can prepare that can be enjoyed cold or at room temperature.
Here are 5 of my favorite cold lunches to help get the wheels in your mind turning about what you can do…remember to make these meals your own and store them in quality containers.
For cold meals, I enjoy putting the food in stainless steel containers because I find that they keep the food cooler/colder while in the fridge or lunchbox cooler.
**As always, remember to adjust portions and servings to fit your diet and goals. Meals can fit nearly any fat loss or weight gain program, and are for both males and females – it’s all in the portions.**
SALMON QUINOA SALAD
- Mix together all of the ingredients in a bowl and store in the refrigerator until it is time to eat.
- Enjoy with balsamic glaze or your choice of “no oil” vinaigrette.
Available in the FitMenCook app
Open this recipe in the FitMenCook app to add the ingredients to your shopping list, scale the recipe and track your calories. Enjoy!
- Cook soba noodles according to the instructions given.
- Mix together all of the ingredients for the sauce and set it aside.
- Set a skillet on medium high heat and spray with a little olive oil. Once it is hot, toss in the garlic and mushrooms and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes, until the mushrooms appear sautéed on all sides. Then, toss in broccolini and sear for another 5 to 6 minutes. Be careful not to overcook the broccolini, you want it to be somewhat firm and crunchy.
- Allow the vegetables and chicken to cool down and then mix the noodles with the veggies and pasta. Add your choice of protein (i.e., chicken, lean flank, etc) and half of the sauce.
- Stir and enjoy! Garnish with sesame seeds.
- Spread avocado on a whole wheat tortilla.
- Add all of the ingredients to one side of the open tortilla. Once you pack in the ingredients, fold the empty part of the tortilla over the other half so that it easily closes. Gently mash down on it once you fold it over in order to pack in the ingredients.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with olive oil and set it on medium high heat. Toss in the quesadilla and cook on each side until the quesadilla is golden brown and crispy.
- Slice it down the middle, allow it to completely cool and then place it in your lunch box container.
- Enjoy with fresh pico de gallo or greek yogurt and lime.
- Cook orzo according to the instructions given and once cooked, allow it to completely cool.
- Mix together all of the ingredients in a large bowl and season to taste with sea salt & pepper.
- Add your choice of protein or hearty vegetable to enjoy with the meal. I used 5oz grilled chicken breast.
- Spread hummus on an open tortilla and cover with mixed greens and then turkey.
- Place the chopped bell peppers at the end of the tortilla and begin to roll it up. Ensure that you tightly roll the tortilla to firmly pack in the ingredients.
- Slice the wrap into fourths or thirds so it can fit in your lunchbox container. To make the meal heartier, enjoy with avocado and fresh fruit.