5 Easy Cold Lunch Meals
These five cold lunch ideas are a breeze to set up, especially since they make meal preps a breeze. If you were looking for a lunch idea or two to take your bagged healthy lunch to the next level, look no further. If you thought cold lunches have to be generic tuna salad or chicken salad, you will be happy to see these. The great thing about a cold lunch is that there is no heat necessary, so you will not worry about how reheating the food might change the texture and flavor. You also do not have to worry about whether your container is microwave or oven safe.
First up, we have a delicious salmon and quinoa salad, loaded with healthy protein, fiber, omega fats, vitamins and minerals. This is a powerhouse recipe that can be prepared the night before. Next you have a spin on asian cold noodle recipes, with soba, chicken, and broccoli. How’s that for a healthy pasta salad? After, try this cold spin on a quesadilla, which is kind of like if a taco salad and a quesadilla had a baby. It contains delicious ingredients like goat cheese, avocado, and black beans.
Fourth, we have a greek orzo salad, which you could make as a salad with feta or not, depending on your taste. It also falls into the category of a pasta salad, which you could easily serve with whole wheat pita if you wanted some more healthy carbs to give you a boost of energy. Last we have a hummus and turkey pinwheel recipe, which is simple but delicious, using oven roasted turkey breast and creamy hummus.
If you enjoyed these cold lunch recipes, please send me a message or drop me a comment below. I would love to hear how my recipes have changed your ideas of what healthy food could be. To me, nothing is more important than making it easy for you to reach your weight loss and fitness goals while also eating tasty and filling food. Be happy and healthy!
Try it on your own!
SALMON QUINOA SALAD
- Mix together all of the ingredients in a bowl and store in the refrigerator until it is time to eat.
- Enjoy with balsamic glaze or your choice of “no oil” vinaigrette.
Available in the FitMenCook app
Open this recipe in the FitMenCook app to add the ingredients to your shopping list, scale the recipe and track your calories. Enjoy!
- Cook soba noodles according to the instructions given.
- Mix together all of the ingredients for the sauce and set it aside.
- Set a skillet on medium high heat and spray with a little olive oil. Once it is hot, toss in the garlic and mushrooms and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes, until the mushrooms appear sautéed on all sides. Then, toss in broccolini and sear for another 5 to 6 minutes. Be careful not to overcook the broccolini, you want it to be somewhat firm and crunchy.
- Allow the vegetables and chicken to cool down and then mix the noodles with the veggies and pasta. Add your choice of protein (i.e., chicken, lean flank, etc) and half of the sauce.
- Stir and enjoy! Garnish with sesame seeds.
- Spread avocado on a whole wheat tortilla.
- Add all of the ingredients to one side of the open tortilla. Once you pack in the ingredients, fold the empty part of the tortilla over the other half so that it easily closes. Gently mash down on it once you fold it over in order to pack in the ingredients.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with olive oil and set it on medium high heat. Toss in the quesadilla and cook on each side until the quesadilla is golden brown and crispy.
- Slice it down the middle, allow it to completely cool and then place it in your lunch box container.
- Enjoy with fresh pico de gallo or greek yogurt and lime.
- Cook orzo according to the instructions given and once cooked, allow it to completely cool.
- Mix together all of the ingredients in a large bowl and season to taste with sea salt & pepper.
- Add your choice of protein or hearty vegetable to enjoy with the meal. I used 5oz grilled chicken breast.
- Spread hummus on an open tortilla and cover with mixed greens and then turkey.
- Place the chopped bell peppers at the end of the tortilla and begin to roll it up. Ensure that you tightly roll the tortilla to firmly pack in the ingredients.
- Slice the wrap into fourths or thirds so it can fit in your lunchbox container. To make the meal heartier, enjoy with avocado and fresh fruit.