Spicy Peanut Cucumber Salad
- 12 Persian cucumbers, halved and sliced diagonally
- 5 tablespoons natural peanut butter, no sugar-added & no salt
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons low sodium tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot chili oil (optional)
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup loosely torn cilantro (or basil, mint, tarragon or parsley)
- cilantro or
- crushed roasted peanuts
Add the sliced cucumbers to a colander and sprinkle a pinch or 2 of sea salt on them to expel any excess moisture. Set aside for 10 minutes.
In a bowl, mix together the ingredients for the sauce using a fork or a whisk. Mix until smooth.
Add the cucumbers to a large mixing bowl then drizzle about 3/4 of the sauce onto the cucumbers, reserving some for garnish. Gently toss the sauce and cucumbers together using your fingers, then sprinkle in the cilantro and gently toss again.
Add the cucumbers to a serving bowl or plate, then garnish with lime, more herbs and crushed peanuts!
I especially love enjoying this meal with a protein like grilled fish (mahi-mahi), chicken or beef.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!