Tex-Mex Style Burrito
Ingredients for 2 servings
- Meat Mix
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 (white) onion, sliced
- 1/2lb 93% lean ground turkey (or 3/8 lb if using cooked)
- 5 tablespoons pimientos (plus juice)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (or paprika)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/4 cup (or 4 tablespoons) salsa or enchilada sauce
- Two 8-inch tortillas
- 5 tablespoons (~1/3 cup) black beans
- 2 tablespoons jasmine rice
- 1 cup shredded romaine (or leafy green of choice)
- 2 tablespoons cotija queso (optional)
- 2 tablespoons avocado mash
Set a nonstick skillet on medium high heat. Once hot, lightly spray with avocado oil then add onion and bell pepper. Cook for 3 – 5 minutes until the veggies are softer with dark edges.
Add the cooked turkey and rehydrate with the salsa, then add in seasonings.
Warm a tortilla in the microwave for 30 seconds to help soften it.
Add the turkey and veggies mix, add beans and rice, pour in the sauce and top with romaine and cotija queso.
Set a nonstick skillet on medium high. Once hot, spray with oil then toast in the skillet on all sides of the burrito to make it crispy and seal it closed.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!