4 Easy, Cold Lunch Ideas
I’m following up on a FAQ –
“What are some lunch meals you can enjoy that don’t have to be reheated?”
Here are four easy lunch ideas to help inspire your next meal prep! This is a continuation of the 5 cold lunch mash-up that I did last year.
When it comes to eating food cold (or at room temperature), keep it simple! Here are some guidelines I live by:
- poultry (chicken, turkey, boiled eggs)
- some fish (I like fatty fish such as salmon and swordfish on occasion, fully cooked cod also does well)
- lean steaks such as flank and London broil
- grilled, firm tofu (tempeh is good as well – just make sure it’s seasoned and cooked through)
- Avoid meals with fatty ground meats or fatty melted cheeses – the cold texture of grease isn’t as pleasing or appetizing (of course cold pizza is the exception!)
- Chopped salads > regular salads – I find they are more enjoyable and when chopped together, so long as you have a good mix of wet/dry and firm/soft ingredients, really don’t require a lot of dressing. Plus, you can easily make sandwiches, pitas, wraps out of it too!
Sweet Kale, Bean & Quinoa Salad
for 1 salad (without 6oz chicken)
Available in the FitMenCook app
Open this recipe in the FitMenCook app to add the ingredients to your shopping list, scale the recipe and track your calories. Enjoy!