Spicy Shrimp with Creamy Polenta – Mediterranean Diet
Ingredients for 4 Shrimp with Polenta servings
- 1 1/4lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons The Fit Cook Cajun seasoning (OR 2 teaspoons smoked paprika + 1 teaspoon dried oregano)
- pinch of sea salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Roasted Veggies
- 1 cup mini mushrooms
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups eggplant, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 squash, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons The Fit Cook LAND seasoning (or your choice of dried herbs like oregano, thyme and rosemary)
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup polenta (real corn grits)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 4 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- Garnish – fresh thyme or oregano
Set oven to 420F.
Add ingredients for Roasted Veggies to a baking tray and mix well with the oil and seasoning. Roast in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes, or until the veggies are crisp tender and the edges are browned. Set aside.
Add water and almond milk to a pot and bring to a gentle boil. Add the polenta and reduce the heat to a light simmer. Cover and cook for 7 – 10 minutes. Once the polenta gets thick and creamy, reduce the heat to low and stir in turmeric, paprika, yeast and oil. Stir and ensure it is creamy. Note: if it is a little dry, simply stir in tablespoons of almond milk until thick and creamy. You can add fresh herb garnish if you’d like. Remove from the heat and keep covered so it does not dry out.
Season shrimp with oil and cajun seasoning. Set a nonstick skillet on medium high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add olive oil and toss in the shrimp! Cook for 8 to 10 minutes in the skillet, until the shrimp is cooked through and the edges are seared and “crispy!”
Enjoy the polenta with roasted veggies AND shrimp, or just polenta and veggies for plant-strong meal!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!