Mediterranean Herb Rack of Lamb Platter
Rack of Lamb Recipe
- Set oven to 450F/232C.
- Add the ingredients for the rub to a mortar & pestle and mash together until it’s a fine paste. Alternatively, add the ingredients to a food processor or blender
- OPTIONAL: Trim large pieces of visible fat from the back of the rack of lamb.
- Add a pinch of sea salt & pepper to both sides of the rack. Then thoroughly spread the rub over the rack of lamb. For best results, let the lamb marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes, OR wrap in plastic wrap in marinate overnight in the fridge. If you marinate it overnight, just let it rest at room temperature for about 30 minutes before adding to the oven.
- Place the lamb in a baking dish or on a griddle. Place in the oven with the fatty side up. Cook for 10 minutes, then flip it over with tongs to cook for an additional 8 – 10 minutes, depending on your desired level of doneness. Once finished, DO NOT cut the rack of lamb immediately. Let it rest for 5 – 10 minutes before slicing to prevent all the juice from escaping.
- As the rack cooks, set a heavy pot on medium high heat. Once hot, add olive, garlic, and rice. Sprinkle in the seasonings and stir, ensuring EVERY grain of rice is covered in seasonings and oil. Toast the grains for 2 – 3 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium and pour in the broth or water. Bring to a gentle simmer, then partially cover and cook for 12 – 15 minutes until all the liquid has been absorbed by the rice and it is plump.
Build your platter! Add the rice, then top with sliced racks of lamb for a family style meal. I added roasted veggies (zucchini), fresh tomato with lemon, sea salt & pepper, and a garlic dill yogurt sauce.
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.