3 Things to Do with Roasted Veggies
Don’t want to salvage food because you don’t eat veggies? Here is a solution with our 3 healthy roasted vegetables recipes.
If you’re like me, at some time or another, your ambition in the kitchen got the best of you and you cooked a bit too much food. I especially did this when it came to veggies. I’d swear up and down that I was going to eat all of the veggies that week only to toss them out that weekend.
So, instead of wasting food, I got wiser and more creative about how I could salvage leftover veggies and better incorporate them in my diet beyond just having them as a side. Here are three of my favorite 3 roasted vegetable recipes – guaranteed to prevent end of week leftovers for sure!
Easy Roasted Vegetables Recipe
- Set oven to 420F.
- Wash then chop up the veggies. Place them in a large bowl and toss with garlic, sea salt & pepper and olive oil.
- Arrange the veggies on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Depending on how large your baking sheet is, you may need to use two in order to not overcrowd the veggies – that will result in soggy roasted veggies.
- Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the edges of the veggies have browned and are crispy. Tip: for the final minute or 2 of cooking, switch the oven to broil.
- Enjoy immediately! If you are saving these for meal prep, be sure to allow the veggies to cool down before packing them in your containers.
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 300 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium heat and spray with olive oil. Add the lean ground meat and chop it up while it cooks in the skillet. Add the seasonings and continue to cook it up in the skillet, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- When the meat is about 95% cooked with just a few visible pink pieces of beef, add the roasted veggies and marinara.
- Reduce the heat and continue to stir, bringing to a light simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy each serving with shredded parmesan and parsley if desired.
- Cook the jasmine rice according to the instructions given; however, instead of using water, use vegetable broth. You can also use half water and half broth.
- Add the rice to a bowl and fluff with a fork. Add olive oil, cilantro, pine nuts and lemon zest NOT lemon juice. Fold everything together with a spatula.
- Add the roasted vegetables and continue to mix everything together. Season to taste with sea salt & pepper.
- Set oven to 420F.
- Beat eggs and egg whites with all of the ingredients except for the roasted veggies and parmesan.
- Spray a 10-inch cast iron skillet, or nonstick skillet, with olive oil. Add the roasted vegetables to the skillet, then pour in the eggs. Sprinkle parmesan on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the eggs are cooked through. Allow to slightly cool, then enjoy with sriracha.