Shrimp Avocado Mango Couscous Salad
Ingredients for 5 servings
- 1 1/4 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons The Fit Cook Green Chile Lime seasoning
- 3/4 cup uncooked pearled couscous (OR cauliflower pearls for a lower carb option)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup diced mango
- 2 small ripe avocados, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup diced red onion
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- juice from 1 navel orange
- juice from 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco or your favorite hot sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (or 1 tablespoon garlic powder)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
Prepare pearled couscous according to the instructions given in the package. Drain, then set aside.
Season shrimp in a mixing bowl.
Set a carbon steel skillet on high heat, spray it with a little avocado oil, then add the shrimp and cook it through, about 6 – 8 minutes. Once finished, chop the shrimp into pieces.
Prep all the ingredients.
Mix together the ingredients for the sauce in a cup.
Combine the shrimp and salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Pour in the sauce and gently toss everything together.
Season to taste with sea salt & pepper, and use lime or orange juice to tweak the flavor as needed.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!