Cold Chicken Sesame Salad In A Jar Recipe
Ingredients for 1 serving:
- 5oz leftover chicken breast, pulled or cut into pieces
- 7oz (198g) shirataki noodles or low-carb noodles
- Substitute: zucchini noodles; OR soba noodles or whole wheat noodles (NOT be low-carb)
- 1 cup shredded (purple/red) cabbage
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (toasted or black)
- 1 tablespoon tahini (OR peanut butter)
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce (OR sriracha)
- one tablespoon liquid aminos or low sodium soy sauce (OR tamari)
- 1 oz warm water (note: warm water helps with mixing)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (OR peanut oil)
- Utensils – 32oz mason jar
Mix together the ingredients for the dressing and set aside.
Place shirataki noodles in a bowl and microwave for 3 to 5 minutes to remove the odor. Allow the noodles to completely cool down to remove temperature (or place them in the fridge).
Build the noodle salad jar! I used a 32oz mason jar to allow enough room to pack in veggies and shake it up. Add chilled/cooled noodles, leftover chicken, shredded cabbage, bell pepper, green onion and sesame seeds.
Keep the sauce/dressing separate from the noddle salad until you’re ready to eat it. Store the jar and sauce in a fridge or (mini-)cooler.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!