Air Fried Peanut Butter Chicken
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 1 ½ lb lean chicken thighs (or chicken breasts)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 4 tablespoons powdered peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons low sodium tamari, soy or liquid aminos
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, coconut sugar or honey
- 1 teaspoon white pepper or red chili flakes (OPTIONAL)
- 1 – 2 tablespoons of water for consistency
- Pinch of sea salt & fresh cracked pepper
Pat chicken dry with paper towels and trim any large visible pieces of fat.
To a bowl, mix together the ingredients for the marinade – it should be kinda like paste but still easy to spread on chicken. Use a few tablespoons of water to adjust consistency as needed.
Add the chicken and rub the marinade all over it. Cover and marinate for 20 minutes, or place in the fridge to marinate for 1 to 2 hours.
Place the chicken in the air fryer basket (or on a baking tray lined with parchment if using the oven) and air-fry for 20 – 22 minutes, turning or flipping the chicken halfway.\
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!