BBQ Salmon Pizza on Naan
Here’s a fail proof recipe to satisfy your taste buds after a nice workout or long day. BBQ Salmon Pizza is rich in protein, has complex carbohydrates and healthy fats.
You’ll need only 20 minutes for this baked salmon pizza recipe. It’s a very simple prep, and easy to customize to your tastes.
Ingredients you will need for one pizza are salmon filet, wheat naan bread, low sodium BBQ sauce mixed with spicy chili sauce, reduced fat mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, red onions, bell peppers.
Season salmon with paprika, sea salt, pepper, Mrs. Dash chipotle seasoning and Bragg’s Liquid Aminos. Make sure the salmon filet has no bones. Place the salmon on non-stick aluminum foil and bake in a preheated oven at 405F for about 8 minutes.
When the salmon is done, take it out of the oven and set aside to cool, so you can easily flake it with a fork.
Mix the BBQ sauce with chili sauce in the relationship you want, depending on whether you like it more or less hot. If you are not a fan of hot at all, spread only BBQ sauce on the naan bread. Add mushrooms, onion, bell peppers and salmon on the top. Grate the mozzarella cheese and bake until the cheese has melted.
After 10 minutes it should be over. Serve and enjoy immediately while still warm.
You can also change this recipe, and remove or add the ingredients you prefer. Instead of baked salmon, you can use smoked salmon, any seasonal vegetables, such as tomatoes, spinach or other. You can use pizza crusts, flat bread or naan like me. I liked this combination from the recipe the most.
How did you like this kind of recipe? Something different, and very simple, healthy, and full of protein. Let me know in the comments below if you tried the recipe and how you like it.
BBQ Salmon Pizza on Naan
- Set oven to 405F.
- Ensure the salmon fillet is free of bones. Ask your butcher for help if you are not sure how to do this.
- Season the salmon fillet with paprika powder, garlic, chipotle seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Bake the salmon on nonstick aluminum foil for about 8 minutes.
- Remove the salmon from the oven and cool. When the salmon has cooled down, you can flake the salmon easily with a fork. Do not worry if the salmon is not fully cooked through. You bake it again on the pizza.
- Prepare the BBQ/ chili sauce by mixing 2/3 BBQ sauce with 1/3 chili sauce. Ratio is according to how spicy you like it.
- Spread the sauce evenly over the naan bread and top with the sliced mushrooms, strips of bell pepper, onion, salmon and the grated cheese
- The quantity of each topping is your choice.
- Bake the pizza in the oven for 11 minutes. Until the cheese has melted and browned.
- Serve hot.
15- Second Tutorial
Approx macros per pizza.
Available in the FitMenCook app
Open this recipe in the FitMenCook app to add the ingredients to your shopping list, scale the recipe and track your calories. Enjoy!