Protein Breakfast Cookies
Ingredients for 8 cookies
- Dry Ingredients
- 2 cups uncooked old fashion oats (NOT instant)
- 2 scoops (50g of protein) vanilla whey isolate protein
- I recommend a flavored protein because it is usually lightly sweetened so you do not need to add copious amounts of sugar/honey to the recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Substitute: oat flour; sorghum flour; fine almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Wet Ingredients
- 1/4 dried cherries (or your choice of naturally dried fruit)**
- 3 tablespoons dark chocolate (sweetened by Stevia not sugar – in order to keep sugar calories lower)**
** – optional ingredients. You can enjoy the recipe without them but they add a ton of flavor.
Set oven to 350F.
Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.
Mix wet ingredients together in a separate bowl.
Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Toss in any dried fruit or dark chocolate and mix together, it should be a sticky batter that sticks together.
Evenly divide the batter using a spoon or ice cream scoop onto a baking sheet lined with parchment or silpat, then gently mash down on each circle since the cookies will not rise too much in the oven.
Bake for no more than 8 minutes, then allow them to cool on a towel or a cooling rack. They will harden and become chewy as they cool.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!