Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Tinga Tacos
Chicken Tinga Tacos Slow Cooker Recipe
- In your multifunction cooker or slow cooker, add the ingredients for the sauce. Mix together.
- Nestle the chicken breasts (or tenders) into the sauce.
- Add the top of the cooker and cook. For pressure cooking, seal the steam hole, set temperature between HIGH and MEDIUM HIGH, and cook for 25 – 30 minutes. For slow cooking, cook on HIGH for 4 hours or on LOW for 6 – 8 hours.
- At the end of the cooking cycle, remove the chicken breasts and add them to a bowl. Gently pull the chicken apart using forks to be shredded. Add the shredded chicken back to the sauce and thoroughly mix together. Pro-tip: before adding the chicken to the sauce, use an immersion blender to make the tinga sauce smooth; another option is to pour the liquid into a blender, pulse blend until smooth, then add it back to the cooker.
- Cook on low for an additional 6 – 10 minutes, then enjoy!
- To make the avocado cream, mash up the avocado with a fork – make it as smooth as possible, with no clumps. Add the remaining ingredients, mix together to make smooth and season to taste.
- If you’re making tacos, toast the tortillas in a skillet without oil.
- If you want to make a burrito bowl instead, here are some options: your choice of rice (brown rice or cauliflower rice); sautéed bell peppers and onions; tomato, lettuce and avocado cream.
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.