Getting a little inspiration from Mexico, this healthy, easy and QUICK spin on traditional chocolate chicken mole will help you refresh your weekly diet while also satisfying your tastebuds.
No boring chicken. Ever.
Ingredients for 9 servings of 5oz chicken breasts:
- ~3lbs chicken breasts
- 1/3 red onion
- 2.5 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 4 tbsp chicken broth
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp coconut sugar (optional)
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- Set oven to 375 F.
- Cut a red onion into thin slices, then chop cilantro.
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium-high heat, spray with coconut oil, then toss in garlic paste and red onions. Cook until red onions are brown and soft.
- Reduce to medium heat, then add tomato paste, 1 tbsp chicken broth, honey, cacao powder and coconut sugar. Mix.
- Add cumin, coriander, chili powder, cayenne pepper and chicken broth. Mix, reduce heat and allow the sauce to thicken. Allow to cool.
- Pat chicken breasts dry with a paper towel to remove excess water and place them on a nonstick baking sheet (or use aluminum foil).
- Evenly spread the mole sauce on the chicken breasts.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 375 F.
- When finished baking, allow to cool to remove temperature (if you are not going to eat right away), then slice and divide among meal prep containers.
Approximate macros for 1 of 9 servings:
220 calories, 31g protein, 7g carbs, 2g fat
FEEL FREE TO PIN AND SHARE