Lighter Tik Tok Viral Smoked Queso Recipe
Smoked Queso Recipe
- Set oven to 400F or fire up the grill to 400F.
- Bring a large pot of boiling water to a boil, then add the butternut squash. Cook for 12 -15 minutes or until the squash can be easily mashed with fingers. Add the squash to a blender, along with coconut milk and nutritional yeast, and blend until silky smooth and fine. Add tablespoons of water (or coconut milk) to thin it out further if needed.
- Set a carbon steel pan on medium high heat. Once hot spray with a little oil then add the turkey. Chop up the turkey as it cooks and add seasonings. Cook for about 6 – 8 minutes or until there are no more visible raw pink pieces of turkey meat.
- Add the cooked turkey to a deep foil pan. Add the remaining ingredients – except for the cheese and squash – and fold/mix together. Sprinkle the cheese on top, then pour the squash on top. Gently shake the pan so the sauce spreads throughout. Cover with foil, then place in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and stir, ensuring everything is well mixed and creamy. Enjoy now, OR if desired, sprinkle a little cheese on top, then place it back in the oven or the grill for a few more minutes to melt and brown the cheese on top.
- Enjoy with chips or veggie slices!
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.