Cheesy Salmon, Pea & Potato Bake
Salmon Potato Bake
- Set oven to 400F.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add cut potatoes and cook until soft, about 15 minutes. Drain then set aside.
- Season salmon with sea salt & pepper, then bake in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes, until gently cooked through. Set aside to slightly cool, then flake with a fork.
- Set a skillet on medium heat, once hot add oil, onion and garlic. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until the onions begin to turn brown and translucent. Add a pinch of sea salt while they saute, then add the frozen peas. Stir and cook everything together until the peas are completely thawed, about 2 – 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Mash up potatoes in a bowl using a masher or fork. Then add the broth, yogurt and seasonings. Mash and stir using a spoon or spatula. Grate in half of cheese, then fold in the salmon and peas. Stir everything together and season to taste with sea salt & pepper. Add the mixture to a baking dish OR the skillet you used to cook the peas. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Cover the dish with foil, then bake in the oven for 30 minutes. For the final 5 – 7 minutes, remove the foil to help it brown on top.
- Once it has finished cooking, set it aside to slightly cool, then enjoy!
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.