Spicy Asian Peanut Turkey Salad
- 10 1/2 oz (~310g) chopped turkey breast meat, no skin
- SUBSTITUTES: chicken breast, white albacore tuna
- 10z (~290g) broccoli slaw (mix of carrots, cabbage, Bok Choy)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 5 tablespoons natural peanut butter with oil
- 4oz 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar OR apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- juice from 1/2 lime (or more/less to taste)
- 2 tablespoons sriracha (or more/less to taste)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (or more/less to taste)
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
- red pepper flakes
- fresh cilantro (recommended)
- fresh chopped green onion
Mix together the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl. I recommend adding the lite soy sauce last so you can season it “just right” for your tastebuds. Remember, if you’re using leftover turkey from Thanksgiving, you may get some of the flavor from that too so be careful about over seasoning. Adjust the level of lime, sriracha and soy sauce to your liking. Set aside.
In a large bowl, toss the turkey, broccoli slaw and bell pepper together. Add the creamy sauce and mix it up using a spatula. Toss in chopped peanuts, and fold in freshly chopped cilantro and green onions if desired.
Stuff in a whole wheat pita OR enjoy over a bed of chopped lettuce for a low-carbohydrate meal.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!