Sweet Potato Salad
Sweet Potato Salad
- 3 large sweet potatoes (~900g)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 2 celery stalks (chopped)
- 1/2 medium red onion (diced)
- 1/4 cup safflower mayo
- 2 heaping tablespoons 2% greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- pinches of cumin (to taste)
- fresh orange juice (squeeze juice from a half an orange)
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary (optional)
- pinch of turmeric (optional)
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- fresh chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup goat cheese crumble (or just to taste)
Peel the sweet potatoes, then boil them until tender, about 12-15 minutes. Strain the potatoes and let them cool down to just about room temperature (can be warmer).
In a bowl, mix together the ingredients for the sauce and season to taste with sea salt & pepper (or other spices if you want to make it your own).
Chop the sweet potato into chunks.
In a large bowl, add the sweet potato and chopped veggies and top with the sauce. Gently fold the ingredients together using a spatula.
Serve warm or chilled. I recommend covering the salad and placing it the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving so all the flavors come together.
Approximate macros for 1 of 6 servings
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!