Roasted Corn, Avocado, Tomato & Grain Salad
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cooked brown rice (medium-grain or long-grain)
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered (about 12 – 15)
- 1/2 medium cucumber, diced
- 1 large ripe avocado, diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar (OPTIONAL)
- hot sauce to taste (I used Tabasco)
- sea salt & pepper to taste
Set a nonstick skillet or cast-iron skillet on high heat. Once hot, add the frozen corn and the bell pepper. Let the veggies rest in the skillet untouched for 1 – 3 minutes until a deep sear appears on the corn and peppers, then mix them together in the skillet using a spatula for another 1 – 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
In a large mixing bowl, add ALL of the ingredients and toss together. Season to taste with hot sauce, sea salt & pepper.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!