Ingredients for 2 servings
- Meat Mix
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 (white) onion, sliced
- 1/2lb 93% lean ground turkey (or 3/8 lb if using cooked)
- 5 tablespoons pimientos (plus juice)
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon fennel (or sage)
- 3 tablespoons reduced fat mayonnaise (made from oil)
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 medium pickle, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Tablespoons of water may be added for consistency
- 1 cup shredded romaine (or leafy green of choice)
- Two 8-inch tortillas
Mix together the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
Set a nonstick skillet on medium high heat. Once hot, lightly spray with avocado oil then add the celery, onion and bell pepper. Cook for 3 – 5 minutes until the veggies are softer with dark edges.
Add the cooked turkey, and to rehydrate it add pimientos, smoked paprika, and the rest of the herbs.
Warm a tortilla in the microwave for 30 seconds to help soften it.
Add the turkey and veggies mix, and pour in the sauce and top with romaine.
Set a nonstick skillet on medium high. Once hot, spray with oil then toast in the skillet on all sides of the burrito to make it crispy and seal it closed.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!