Avocado Potato Salad
Avocado Potato Salad
Ingredients for 1 of 5 servings:
- ~1.5lb (680g) cooked red potato
- 1 large ripe Haas avocado
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 boiled egg (diced with yolk)
- 1/3 cup diced/bell pepper (red)
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped cilantro (or more if desired)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- juice from 1/2 lime (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- red pepper flakes (or chili powder) to taste
- sea salt & pepper to taste
Cut red potatoes into halves (or quarters) and place the potato pieces in a pot. Sprinkle a bit of sea salt over the cut potato, then add room temperature water until the water level barely covers the red potato. Bring the pot a slow boil and allow the potatoes to cook for about 15 minutes, or until you can easily pierce the potato with a fork. Drain the water then add the potatoes to a large bowl to cool (to room temperature).
In a separate bowl, mash the ripe avocado with a fork or potato masher. Then add in the remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix together with a fork. Season to taste with sea salt & pepper.
Add the avocado mixture to the potatoes and mix together using a spatula. Season to taste.
Garnish with cilantro, red onion and red pepper if desired.
Enjoy immediately, or place in the fridge for at least 1 hour before enjoying (recommended).
Approximate macros for 1 of 5 servings
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!