Ingredients for 2 servings
- 1/2lb 93% lean ground turkey (or 3/8 lb if using cooked)
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger (or fresh)
- 5 tablespoons powdered peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons low sodium Tamari
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon crushed red chili flakes (optional)
- Tablespoons of water may be added for consistency
- 1 cup shredded romaine (or leafy green of choice)
- 1/3 cup edamame (optional)
- 1/3 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/3 cup finely chopped (red) cabbage
- Two 8-inch tortillas
Mix together the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
Set a nonstick skillet on medium high heat. Once hot, lightly spray with avocado oil then add the prepped ground turkey.
Chop it up as it heats in the skillet, we need to rehydrate it so it’s juicier. Add orange juice, teriyaki sauce and ginger – once it is heated, it’s ready for the burrito!
Warm a tortilla in the microwave for 30 seconds to help soften it.
Add the turkey, veggies, and peanut sauce to each burrito.
Set a nonstick skillet on medium high. Once hot, spray with oil then toast in the skillet on all sides of the burrito to make it crispy and seal it closed.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!