Mediterranean Diet Meal Prep Lunchbox
Mediterranean Diet Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Lunchbox
- Set oven to 420F.
- Cook quinoa (1 cup uncooked) according to the instructions provided on the package then set aside.
- Add zucchini and whole bell peppers to baking tray lined with parchment paper. Add olive oil, sea salt & pepper and toss everything together. Bake in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes, until the skin on the bell pepper is blistered and the edges of the zucchini are seared. Once the veggies have roasted, set them aside and allow them to cool down.
- Season chicken thighs with Everyday and Land seasoning, then set a nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Once it’s hot, spray with oil and add the chicken. Sear and cook on each side for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Peel the skin from the bell pepper and remove the stem and some of the seeds. Add the remaining peeled bell pepper to a blender. Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth. If you want it to be thinner, add lemon juice or water; if you want it to be thicker, add tablespoons of nut butter BUT ACCOUNT FOR THE ADDED CALORIES since nut butter is a calorie-dense ingredient. Season to taste with sea salt & pepper.
- Build the lunchbox! Add quinoa, chicken, roasted zucchini, olives, feta and a serving of the red pepper sauce.
Meal prep with chicken
Meal prep with chickpeas
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.