Portobello & Sweet Potato Pot Roast (Vegan)
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 4 large Portobello mushroom caps, sliced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (or yam) cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 cup colorful carrots (or 1 large carrot)
- 1/2 medium sized red onion
- 5 basil leaves, chopped
- 1 cup fresh chopped cilantro (or add less if desired, I’m just a huge fan of it)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced or paste
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour (or about 3 tablespoons arrowroot starch with mixed 3 tablespoons water)
- 5 cups veggie stock, no sodium
- 1/4 cup Vegan Worcestershire sauce (optional, or you can use low sodium soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sprig rosemary
- sea salt & pepper to taste
Place all of the ingredients into a slow cooker. Add the top, and allow room for venting, and cook on high for 4 to 5 hours.
When there is less than 1 hour left to cook, sample the “pot roast” and season to taste with sea salt & pepper.
Serve with rice, chopped kale or enjoy it alone.
Approximate macros for 1 of 4 servings (without rice)
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!