Mediterranean Diet Meal Prep Lunchbox
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 medium zucchinis, chopped into 2-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch of sea salt & pepper
- 1 lb chicken thighs, fat trimmed (OR chicken breasts OR chickpeas)
- 1 tablespoon The Fit Cook Everyday Blend (OR combination of garlic & onion powder)
- 1 tablespoon The Fit Cook Land seasoning (OR combination of dried herbs)
- Red Pepper Sauce
- 1 medium roasted red bell pepper, skin and seeds removed
- 1 garlic glove
- 1/3 cup almond butter (or your choice of nut butter)
- juice from 1/2 lemon (or more)
- pinches of sea salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup (~56g) feta (optional but recommended)
- chopped parsley
Set oven to 420F.
Cook quinoa (1 cup uncooked) according to the instructions provided on the package then set aside.
Add zucchini and whole bell peppers to baking tray lined with parchment paper. Add olive oil, sea salt & pepper and toss everything together. Bake in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes, until the skin on the bell pepper is blistered and the edges of the zucchini are seared. Once the veggies have roasted, set them aside and allow them to cool down.
Peel the skin from the bell pepper and remove the stem and some of the seeds. Add the remaining peeled bell pepper to a blender. Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth. If you want it to be thinner, add lemon juice or water; if you want it to be thicker, add tablespoons of nut butter BUT ACCOUNT FOR THE ADDED CALORIES since nut butter is a calorie-dense ingredient. Season to taste with sea salt & pepper.
Build the lunchbox! Add quinoa, chicken, roasted zucchini, olives, feta and a serving of the red pepper sauce.
Meal prep with chickpeas
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!
May 07 2023
Wonderful meal prep! Easy to make and super tasty. I added some chili powder to the sauce and it was great.
Chili powder is a great add! I can dig it.