Grilled Shrimp & Avocado Kabobs
So you often feel tired in the morning?
Maybe you often feel sluggish and achy and unable to get through the day? This recipe is not only is super easy to make and takes no time at all, but it can also help to treat what might be the problems making you feel that way. Grilled shrimp skewers are so easy to make. All you have to do is put on the shrimp, your favourite veggies, and roast the whole thing over a grill. In this one, we added creamy and delicious avocado as well. Don’t forget the lemon juice, black pepper, and garlic butter sauce for grilled shrimp seasoning to make it extra scrumptious.
Shrimp is high in omega fatty acids and contain iodine. Omega fatty acids are very important for joint health and brain health, and iodine is very important for energy, focus, and proper hormone production. Many people are lacking in iodine and omega fatty acids and it can be difficult for some to make sure they are getting enough in their diet. Signs of needing more of iodine can include being foggy headed/ having brain fog and hormone imbalances. Signs of being lacking in omega fatty acids include having sore achy joints. Seafood, while containing all those important nutrients, is generally more easy to digest then land animal meat, especially red meat, while still being packed with protein.
This easy grilled shrimp recipe is light, healthy, and tasty—an easy grilled shrimp skewer recipe that can be customized to fit your flavor and dietary needs. You can switch it up with your choice of veggies like red onion and yellow bell pepper to suit your demands. The lemon juice helps with stomach inflammation and garlic is also known to help with inflammation in general. Splurge on jumbo shrimp to make it extra special!
If you enjoyed this grilled shrimp skewers with veggies recipe for quick and easy brunch, lunch, or dinner ideas, please drop me a comment or send me a message. I would love to hear from you! Keep happy and healthy! Bon appétit!
Grilled Shrimp & Avocado Kabobs
Ingredients for 5 hearty kabobs:
- 1lb (454g) jump shrimp (prawns)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1.5 large semi-ripe avocados (you want them somewhat ripe but firm)
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red onion
- Seasonings for shrimp
- 1 tablespoon garlic (paste)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- pinches of sea salt & pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- juice from 1 large lime
- 1 tablespoon Brag Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger (paste)
- 1.5 teaspoon garlic (paste)
- 1/8 cup finely chopped cilantro
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- Set your grill (or oven) to about 400F.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 15 minutes.
- Chop veggies and avocado into large pieces for the kabob.
- Peel shrimp (leave the tails) and season.
- Assemble the kabobs. I used chunks of red onion as the end caps. But feel free to make the recipe your own and toss in your favorite seasonable vegetables. Opt for more fibrous vegetables as they are more filling and will likely hold well on a kabob stick under intense heat.
- Spray your grilling rack with olive oil or nonstick cooking spray if you are using an electric grill. Place the kabobs on the grill and cook for about 8 – 10 minutes then flip over and cook for another 8 – 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the ingredients for the marinade.
- When the kabobs have finished grilling, brush them with the optional marinade and serve immediately.
Approximate macros for 1 of 5 kabobs
Available in the FitMenCook app
Open this recipe in the FitMenCook app to add the ingredients to your shopping list, scale the recipe and track your calories. Enjoy!