Easy Coconut Fish Meal Prep
Coconut Fish Recipe
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- Set a nonstick skillet on high heat. Once hot, spray the skillet with avocado oil for searing. Add the halibut and sear on each side for no more than 2 minutes, or until the outside edges are brown/seared. Remove the fish from the skillet.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add avocado oil, onion, garlic and ginger. Saute in the skillet for 3 minutes until the onions turn slightly brown.
- Add the tomatoes and continue cooking and stirring until the tomato slices burst and turn into a paste in the skillet, about 3 – 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the curry powder and bloom the spices for 1 minute. Squeeze in some lemon juice, then pour in coconut milk and bring to a light simmer. Reduce the heat to low, then cover and cook for 10 minutes. Season to taste with sea salt & pepper.
- Then remove the top and add the fish to the sauce, then cover and cook for an additional 6 – 8 minutes on low.
- Remove from the heat, allow the sauce to slightly thicken, then garnish. Enjoy with your choice of rice and grilled vegetable.
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.