Quick & Easy Heart Healthy Salmon Burgers
It’s rare to find recipes that are versatile enough to be enjoyed for any meal – breakfast, lunch, dinner…and the in-between. 🙂
These salmon patties are perfect complements to any meal, or can be eaten as snacks to curb hunger and lessen the likelihood of #hanger meltdowns, which is something we can all be thankful for!
Heart Healthy Salmon Burgers
- Chop up raw salmon into chunks and ensure that the bones have been removed. While canned salmon can be used for this recipe, it is highly recommended that you use raw salmon. When blended raw salmon turns into a “sticky paste,” like minced meat, which makes it much easier to bind together and form patties. If canned salmon is used, you will need to ensure it is completely drained and add more breadcrumbs and at least 1 egg to help with binding.
- To a blender, add salmon, breadcrumbs, garlic, paprika and lemon juice. Slowly pulse blend until it creates a thick, sticky paste.
- Dump the contents into a bowl and add green onions and jalapenos. Mix together using your hands and form about three large patties.
- Place the patties in the freezer for about 20 minutes so they can become firm.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with coconut oil and set it on medium heat.
- Add the patties and cook on each side for about 3 to 4 minutes, until the outer coating is brown and the edges are crispy.
- Enjoy these patties with a fresh salad or you can assemble a burger. If you are taking burgers for lunch, do not pre-assemble the burger. Keep the ingredients separate so that the burger is not soggy and so that you can re-heat the salmon patty.
Approximate macros for 1 of 3 patties:
209 calories, 8g carbs, 7g fat, 24g protein, 1g fiber, 2g sugar
Available in the FitMenCook app
Open this recipe in the FitMenCook app to add the ingredients to your shopping list, scale the recipe and track your calories. Enjoy!