Surf and Turf – Lighter Lobster Steak Fennel Alfredo
Surf and Turf Recipe
- Set oven to 420F.
- Prepare linguine according to instructions given then set aside.
- Chop off the ends of the asparagus spears and place them in a baking tray. Lightly spray with olive oil then season with sea salt & pepper. Roast in the oven for roughly 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Fill a pot with about 2 -3 cups of water, then bring it to a light boil. Add the lobster tails to the water and let them steam for 8 to 10 minutes until they are vibrant red and the meat is cooked through. Set aside to cool. Then, hold the lobster tail so that the vibrant red shell is facing away from you. Use kitchen shears to cut from the bottom of the tail to the top. Once cut, break open the shell and gently pull the meat out. Chop into small pieces.
- Set a skillet on medium heat. Once hot add olive oil, garlic, onion and fennel. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes until the onions have slightly turned brown. Pour in the white wine, let it simmer in the skillet and reduce it (let it evaporate) until it is about half the amount. Pour in the lite coconut milk, stir then remove the skillet from the heat. Add the contents to a blender along with the parmesan and a pinch of cracked pepper. Blend until smooth, then season to taste with sea salt & pepper.
- Set a large skillet back on medium high heat, add olive oil. Once hot, add flank cubes. Cook until desired readiness, about 6 to 8 minutes. As the beef cooks add a pinch of sea salt & pepper.
- Once the flank is ready according to your specifications, add in the chopped lobster and stir. Then add the linguine and fold everything together. Reduce the heat to medium, then pour in the sauce.
- Fold everything together, then garnish and enjoy!
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.