20-Minute Instant Pot Beef & Veggie Minestrone
Ingredients for 5 servings
- spray avocado oil
- 1 1/2 lb flank steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon The Fit Cook Land seasoning
- (SUB: herbs de Provence + pinch of sea salt)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup diced white onion
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 medium carrot, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped and halved
- 1 medium squash, chopped and halved
- 1 can (13.5oz) kidney beans, drained
- 28oz (fire roasted) diced tomatoes
- 4 cups no salt added beef broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried fennel powder (optional)
- 2 bay leaves
- 4oz gluten free pasta – I used Chickpea shells (SUB: whole wheat)
- 3 cups (baby) spinach
- sea salt & pepper to taste
Set Instant Pot, or multifunction cooker, on Saute.
Once hot, lightly spray with avocado/olive oil and add beef. While the beef is searing, add Land seasoning and continue cooking and stirring for 3 minutes, or until sear marks appear on the beef. Remove the beef from the Instant Pot and set aside.
Add olive oil, onion, celery and garlic. Caramelize for 2 – 3 minutes, being careful not to let the garlic and onions burn. After 3 minutes, add the carrots and cook for an additional 1 – 2 minutes so that they slightly soften. Turn OFF the Saute function.
Add all the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the spinach. Stir it well. Add the beef back to the Instant Pot or cooker. Stir.
Set the cooker on Pressure Cooker, HIGH for “lucky number” 7 minutes. Set the vent to “Seal.”
Once the cooking cycle ends, vent, stir and then fold in the spinach.
Season to taste with sea salt & pepper.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!