Ingredients for 4 Turkey Ratatouille servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon The Fit Cook Land seasoning (or Italian seasoning)
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 yellow/orange bell pepper, cchopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 can (14.5oz) diced (fire roasted) tomatoes
- 4oz – 6oz water
- 5 tablespoons tomato paste
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- 8 tablespoons parmesan, shredded (2 tablespoons per serving)
- Freshly torn basil (optional)
Set a large skillet on medium heat. Once hot, add olive oil and onions. Cook for 3 minutes before adding the garlic. As a timesaver for meal prep, I like to use frozen garlic. Cook for an additional 1 -2 minutes until fragrant.
Add the turkey to the skillet and chop it up as it cooks. Add the seasoning to the turkey and continue chopping it up finely in the skillet.
Carefully fold in the chopped veggies, then the canned tomatoes and the water (as needed). Add the tomato paste and stir everything together. Reduce the heat to low, then cover and cook for 25 minutes.
Season to taste with sea salt & pepper, then garnish and enjoy!
Evenly divide the recipe among 4 meal prep containers.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!