Sweet Potato Salad – Cookout Worthy
Ingredients for 6 servings
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 2-inch – 3-inch chunks
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 3 whole eggs (or 1 cup firm tofu), chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup olive oil mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon The Fit Cook Southern Creole Cajun seasoning
- sea salt & pepper to taste
Bring a pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, add peeled chunks of sweet potato and cook for about 8-10 minutes, or until the potatoes are firm yet can be pierced with a fork.
Once they are finished, place them in an ice bath or place them in a strainer and run cold water over them to stop them from cooking further.
Once the potatoes have cooled close to room temperature, add the remaining ingredients to the mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly and ensure every ingredient is lightly coated.
Season to taste with sea salt & pepper. Cover and place in the fridge to chill for at least 2 hours before enjoying.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!