Sweet Chicken Tenders & Detoxifying Salad
- 1 1/4 lb raw chicken breast tenders
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch
- pinch of pepper
- juice from 2 limes (more/less to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Bragg liquid aminos
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot starch
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard (more/less to taste)
- Sesame seeds
- green onion
- 2 cups lettuce, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup raw broccoli florets, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 4 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 4 tablespoons low mein noodles
- 8 tablespoons low-calorie (no oil) balsamic dressing
Set oven to 400F/204C.
Mix together the chicken breast tenders with the seasonings and set aside.
Mix together the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
Set a nonstick skillet on medium heat and spray with olive oil. Add the chicken tenders and sear on each side for about 3 minutes, or until the outside is browned.
Pour in the sauce and immediately stir as it will begin to thicken. Remove the skillet from the heat and bake in the oven for 6 to 8 minutes. After baking, allow the chicken to cool on a fresh plate with the sauce so it gets sticky.
Mix together the ingredients for the salad. Enjoy with your favorite low-calorie vinaigrette.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!