Game Day Sticky Raspberry Chipotle Wings
Ingredients for 5 servings
- 2 lb wings and drumlettes (excess fat trimmed)
- 2 tablespoons low sodium all purpose seasoning (The Fit Cook Everyday blend)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot or cornstarch
- spray avocado oil (or another recommended high smoke point oil like grapeseed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 (white) onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 pints fresh raspberries (or frozen)
- 4oz chipotle in adobo sauce and 1 or 2 peppers depending on how spicy you desire
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) coconut sugar
- fresh tarragon
Set oven to 420F/216C (or air-fryer to 410F).
Pat wings dry and generously season wings. Use a little spray oil to help the seasoning coat the wings. Place on a baking rack inside of a baking tray for best results but on a baking tray is fine too. Bake for 12 minutes.
Set a sauce pot on medium high heat and once hot, add oil and saute onions for 3 – 5 minutes or until the edges begin to turn brown. Add the smoked paprika and saute for another 1 minute. Then add the remaining sauce ingredients. Stir together then cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the raspberries explode to create a sauce. Stir again then use an immersion blender (or regular blender) to smooth out the sauce. I used an immersion because it was easier.
Dip each wing in the sauce or brush each wing with the sauce. Then bake again in the oven for an addition 6 – 8 minutes, and for the final minute set the oven to broil to “sear” the edges if desired.
Enjoy with freshly chopped tarragon sprinkled on top.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!