Potato Chip Crab Cakes
Ingredients for 9 crab cakes
Serving size for macronutrients & calories listed below – 1 crab cake
- 1lb fresh crab meat
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons low calorie mayo (I use olive oil mayo)
- 1 tablespoon mustard (or Dijon if you’re fancy)
- 2 scallions (green onions), chopped
- 1 tablespoon The Fit Cook Everyday blend
- SUB: 2 teaspoons granulated garlic + 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon The Fit Cook Sea blend
- SUB: 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup (~2oz) crushed baked potato chips OR kettle chips
- pinch of sea salt & pepper
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil (OR grapeseed oil, coconut oil)
- Sauce (OPTIONAL – not included in macronutrient count)
- 1/2 cup low calorie olive oil mayo or reduced fat mayo
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha
- flake salt & pepper
Set oven to 300F.
In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the crab cakes. Mix together thoroughly with a spatula. If the mixture is too wet, add tablespoons of oat (or your choice of) flour until the batter sticks together by itself. If the mixture is too dry, simple add a lightly beaten egg or egg white.
Use an ice cream scoop to keep the patties roughly the same size. Roll them into a golf-ball sized ball, then lightly flatten to create a medallion.
Set a nonstick skillet on medium high heat, and once hot, add avocado oil. Add 2 – 3 cakes to the skillet. Cook on each side for 2 -3 minutes, or until each side is golden brown. Then place on a baking tray. Repeat until all patties have been made.
Place the baking tray in the oven for 6 – 8 minutes while you prepare the sauce (and clean up the kitchen).
Prepare the sauce. Once finished with the final baking, garnish with flake sea salt & enjoy!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!