Salmon & Veggies in Coconut Curry
- 1 1/4 lb salmon fillets, skinned and cut into large chunks
- pinch of sea salt & pepper
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- spray avocado or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon avocado or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 1 (red) bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 can (13.5oz) full fat coconut milk
- 2/3 cup seafood stock (or chicken or veggie broth)
- 1/4 cup yellow (or green or red) curry paste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 12oz (340g) cauliflower florets
- fresh lime
Season salmon with sea salt, pepper and coconut sugar. Rub it all over the skinless, raw salmon chunks.
Set skillet on medium high heat and once hot, spray with oil. Add the salmon fillets and sear for no more than 2 minutes to add color to the outside of the salmon, then remove the salmon from the skillet.
Add oil to the skillet, then add garlic, onion, ginger and lime zest. Caramelize the onions and season the oil, about 3 minutes.
Once caramelized, increase heat to high then add sugar snap peas and bell pepper. Sear the veggies for 2 – 3 additional minutes.
Add coconut milk, broth, curry paste and turmeric. Reduce heat and bring to a light simmer. Add the cauliflower florets, then cover and cook for 8 to 10 minutes to soften the cauliflower.
After 10 minutes, remove the skillet from the heat and add the salmon chunks back to the skillet and allow them salmon to finish cooking in the sauce. Garnish with (Thai) basil and fresh lime.
Enjoy as-is or with brown rice or jasmine rice for a heartier meal!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!