Cajun Shrimp Chopped Salad
Ingredients for 3 servings
- 1lb shrimp, peeled and deveined and chopped
- Swap – 1lb chicken breasts, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- VEG swap – extra firm tofu, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons The Fit Cook Southern Creole Cajun blend
- 1 teaspoon avocado or olive oil
- Spray olive oil
- 5 cups Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 large avocado, chopped (ONLY ADD DAY OF to reduce browning)
- 7oz 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 – 2 tablespoons Louisiana hot sauce (or favorite hot sauce)
- 1 – 2 tablespoons (dried) chive (your choice of more/less onion flavor)
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Water as needed to help with consistency
- Sea salt & cracked pepper to taste
Season shrimp with low sodium Cajun seasoning and olive oil, then set aside to marinate while you prepare the salad.
Mix together all of the salad ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
Mix together the ingredients for the dressing in a separate bowl.
Set a carbon steel skillet on medium high heat. Once hot, lightly spray with avocado oil, then add the shrimp. Sear and toss the shrimp until it is cooked through, about 6 – 8 minutes.
Bring it all together!
Evenly divide the salad, shrimp and dressing among meal containers and enjoy! Pro-tips: (a) keep the dressing separate and add it only when you’re going to eat the salad; (b) only add the avocado the morning that you’re going to eat the salad.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!