Peanut Butter Chicken Meal Prep
Meal prep does not have to be boring – here is a great-tasting marinated chicken breast with healthy fats, accompanied by a raw kale salad. Perfect to take with you for lunch and enjoy throughout the week so you can stay on schedule to achieve your goals. Easy-to-make, customize and delicious.
Here are the main things for today’s meal prep. You’ll need chicken breasts, nut butter, coconut aminos, chili paste, garlic, honey and orange juice.
For the salad we’re gonna make, you’ll need some kale, carrots, dried cranberries, rice vinegar and orange juice. If you don’t like kale, you can use arugula or spinach.
Don’t forget food containers and you’re choice of carbs, quinoa or potatoes.
If you have all those things, let’s get started. Mix garlic, red chili paste, nut butter, coconut aminos, honey and orange juice in a bowl.
Everyone loves peanut butter, so there’s no mistake with this chicken recipe. In addition, oleic acid will help maintain good cholesterol, blood sugar and blood pressure.
Cut chicken into pieces, then pat dry with a paper towel. Deep chicken into the sauce, place on a baking rack. Bake in a preheated oven at 375F for not more than thirteen minutes.
Cut kale then mix with the rice vinegar and fresh orange juice. Add carrots and cranberries and mix well.
It’s time to build meals in food containers. Add wild rice, meat, put salads aside and then other components. Store food containers in a freezer and have a delicious meal for the rest of the week. Viola!
I hope you enjoy preparing these dishes. Food prep should not be difficult and boring, because it will be harder for you to stick to your healthy diet plan. Choose foods that suit your taste, but also your habits.
Stay healthy and fit, and enjoy every meal!
Peanut Butter Chicken Meal Prep
Ingredients for 3 meals:
For the chicken:
- 18 oz chicken breast
- 3 tbsp natural nut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut amino
- ½ tbsp garlic (chopped)
- 1 tbsp red chili paste
- 1 tbsp organic honey (optional)
- Juice of 1/2 an orange
- sea salt & pepper
For the kale salad:
- 2-3 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 2-3 tbsp rice vinegar
- Juice of one orange
- Pre-heat an oven to 375F.
- Cut the chicken breast into pieces, 4 to 5 pieces per fillet. Pat dry with a paper kitchen towel. Set aside.
- Add the nut butter, the garlic, coconut amino, chili paste, honey (when used) and orange juice into a marinade to a bowl. Mix well so you have a smooth marinade.
- Dip the pat dried chicken in the marinade and place them on a baking rack or in a pan.
- Bake in the oven for 11 to 13 minutes.
For the salad:
- Wash and clean the kale and shred by cutting it small pieces. Place in a large bowl.
- Add the rice vinegar, orange juice, shredded carrots and dried cranberries.
- Mix well and season with sea salt and pepper as needed.
- Build your meals and place them in airtight food containers. Place cooked wild rice (if you like some carbs with this meal) in the containers and top with the baked chicken pieces.
- Divide the kale salad over the other compartments and cover with a lid.
Each 6oz serving of chicken is:
Available in the FitMenCook app
Open this recipe in the FitMenCook app to add the ingredients to your shopping list, scale the recipe and track your calories. Enjoy!