Thin Keto Crackers
Hankering for chips and dips but on a low-carb keto diet? Then, you’re in the right place! For today, I’m going to introduce you to my low-carb keto crackers!
Wondering if you can eat crackers while on a keto diet? Of course! Why not? Ones made of wholesome and well-thought-out ingredients like this one are perfect for you!
A cracker is a flat, dry-baked good made out of flour. You can eat it as is or add some flavorings or seasoning. You can mix some right into the cracker dough or top it off with some herbs, spices, or seeds. It is also often considered as a healthy and easy way of consuming cereal grains or staples.
This low-carb cracker recipe is straightforward and customizable. All you need are just two main ingredients like milled flax seeds and water, then add some seasonings of your choice for added flavor. Store the cooked crackers in an airtight container to retain its crispy and crunchy texture.
Flax or linseed is a fiber crop or food cultivated in colder regions of the world. It is rich in dietary fibers, protein, B vitamins, and dietary minerals. It helps in lowering blood cholesterol as well as preventing constipation.
Aside from milled flax seeds, coconut flour or almond flour can be used in making this homemade low-carb cracker. You may also pair these crackers with some dips like cream cheese, butter spread, or even a slice of cheese or salami. I’m sure this will satisfy your cravings without breaking your diet!
So, why are you still waiting? Include this in one of your cracker recipes and enjoy it with your loved ones! Don’t forget to send me an email or leave a comment below! I would love to know your insights on this nutritious snack as well as how my recipes help you in achieving your healthy lifestyle and fitness goals.
Happy snack time, fit foodies!
Thin Keto Crackers
Ingredients for 6 servings
- 2 cups milled flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Set oven to 350F/177C.
- In a bowl, mix together all of the ingredients – except the sesame seeds – until it is thick and slushy. Then let it set in the bowl for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat, then spread out the dough using a silicon spatula until it is thin, about the size of 2 quarters stacked together.
- Flatten the dough in the pan using a roller or spatula, then scatter the sesame seeds on top for added flavor and crunch. Pat them down into the batter.
- Carefully slice the dough into squares or rectangles for portion control. I did 9 by 6 to create 54 individual crackers.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, until the edges are crispy and golden.
- Allow the dough to completely cool to room temperature before breaking apart and enjoying.
- Season to taste with sea salt & pepper, and enjoy these fresh mashed avocado or by themselves.
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.