Grilled Octopus Couscous Salad
Grilled Octopus Salad Recipe
Steps to prepare Grilled Octopus Salad Recipe
- To a pot, add water, wine, lemon, bay leaves and wine cork. Bring to a gentle simmer, then add the whole octopus. Simmer for 1 – 1.5 hours. Once the octopus has cooked, transfer the octopus to a bowl to cool down to remove temperature.
- Cook couscous according to instructions given on the package, then set aside to cool. Even better: place in the fridge to chill.
- Chop the tentacles from the body of the octopus, discard the rest (unless you’d like to grill the head as well), and place the tentacles in a bowl. Add sea salt & pepper and The Fit Cook Sea seasoning. Rub all over the tentacles and set aside to marinate for a few minutes.
- Place a griddle, cast iron skillet OR an actual grill on medium high heat. Spray with oil then add asparagus spears to cook for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the color turns vibrant green and sear marks appear along the edges. Remove from heat, let them cool, then chop into pieces.
- Add 1 tablespoon avocado oil to the griddle and add the tentacles (or use spray oil to reduce calories). Cook for 4 – 6 minutes, flipping halfway through, until sear marks appear along the tentacles. Once seared, remove from heat, let it cool a bit, then chop into pieces.
- In a large bowl, add ALL of the ingredients. Toss together and season to taste with sea salt & pepper.
- For best results, place in the fridge to chill for at least 1 hour (or overnight) and then enjoy!
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.