Epic Low-Carb Chicken Burger
Craving for a flavorful, savory, and juicy hamburger but trying to watch your carbohydrate intake? Problem solved! With a little creativity, making satisfying and epic low-carb burgers are possible! Presenting, epic low-carb chicken burgers recipe!
In this recipe, chicken burgers consist of portobello mushrooms instead of bread and a stack of raw veggies of your choice. For the burger patty, I used ground chicken as a substitute for ground beef. It can be even healthier if you use white meat like ground chicken breast or a turkey.
These heartier versions of burger recipes will fill you with dietary fibers as well as nourish your body with vitamins and minerals. It’s rich in protein, vitamins A and C, calcium, magnesium, iron, and potassium.
This dish is also prepared and cooked with low carbohydrates. This is a great or even perfect meal for on-season competitors and models who are looking for lower carb options fit for their special diets.
You can also make chicken patties in advance and store them in your fridge. Be sure to line parchment paper in between to prevent them from sticking together. It’ll also make it easier for you to get the number of patties that you need to thaw and prepare.
What are you waiting for? Forget those store-bought greasy burgers and try this burger instead! I swear you’ll never regret making this low-carb burger a part of your quick and easy meal plans for dinners or parties!
Also, you can share your experiences and insights on this dish by sending me an email or leaving a comment below! For me, nothing is more important than helping you achieve your weight loss and fitness goals through my recipes.
Happy and healthy eating everyone!
Epic Low-Carb Chicken Burger
- 5oz lean ground chicken
- 2 portobello mushroom caps
- 1 large leaf lettuce
- 2 leaves red cabbage
- 3-4 thin tomato slices (red, yellow, green)
- 1 tbsp goat cheese
- 1/16 cup shredded carrots (or 2-3 carrot slices)
- 1/2 small avocado slices.
- Set oven to 375F.
- Wash portobello mushrooms and remove stem. Dry them with a paper towel.
- Place them face down in a baking pan and lightly spray with olive oil. Sprinkle a little sea salt and garlic.
- Bake in the oven for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Season with your ground chicken with your choice of seasonings. I recommend sea salt, garlic, cumin, cayenne, paprika.
- Form a hamburger patty and cook in a skillet on medium heat. Remember to flip the patty so that the inside and sides of the patty are completely cooked.
- Remove the mushroom caps from the oven and immediately begin to assemble your burger.
- Place the mushroom cap face up. Add: lettuce, cabbage, tomato, chicken burger patty, goat cheese (crumble or spread), avocado, carrots.
- Top the burger with the other end of the mushroom cap. Smash it down with your hands and eat!
Available in the FitMenCook app
Open this recipe in the FitMenCook app to add the ingredients to your shopping list, scale the recipe and track your calories. Enjoy!