Easy Healthy Cod Cakes
Cod Cakes Recipe
How to make Cod Cakes
- Bring almond milk to a light, gentle simmer. Then add bay leaf, lemon, and sea salt & pepper. Add the cod fillets and allow them to cook for 10 – 12 minutes until cooked through. Remove the cod using a slotted spoon and add the cod to a mixing bowl to cool down (at least) to room temperature.
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl EXCEPT for the crackers. Use a fork to flake the fish and thoroughly mix everything together. Then once it is well mixed and minced, add the crushed crackers and mix until the batter is thick and sticks together. Note: if the batter is too wet, simply add crushed crackers until it thickens up; alternatively, if it is too dry, add another dollop of mayo or mustard.
- Use an ice cream to scoop out equally sized portions of the cod cake batter, then form a patty using your hands. For best results, place the cakes in the fridge to chill for 15 – 20 minutes before cooking in the pan.
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium heat. Once hot, add the oil then add 2 – 4 cakes at a time (depending on how big your skillet is and how many you can comfortably juggle at once). Cook for 2 -3 minutes on each side until the sides are browned.
- Enjoy these with your favorite (low-calorie) condiment or as part of a mixed green salad (one of my favorite ways to enjoy them).
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.