Avocado Potato Salad
Introducing this deliciously nutritious avocado potato salad, a perfect dish for any gathering! This creamy and flavorful salad is chockfull of nutritious ingredients like red potatoes, avocado, boiled egg, bell pepper, onion, cilantro and more – all tossed together with tangy Dijon mustard and a touch of lime juice. A sprinkle of cumin and red pepper flakes adds a delicious kick, while sea salt and pepper season to perfection. Enjoy this avocado potato salad recipe as a hearty side dish or light lunch – either way; your taste buds will thank you! So what are you waiting for? Let’s get cooking!
To make this avocado potato salad, start by prepping the ingredients. Mash one large ripe Haas avocado in a bowl. Now, in a separate bowl mash one and a half pounds, six hundred and eighty grams, of cooked red potatoes. To the mashed avocado, add a third of a cup of diced bell pepper, a third of a cup of finely diced red onion, one boiled egg diced whole, and a third of a cup of finely chopped cilantro. Give it all a good stir.
Next, mix together one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, juice from half a lime (or to taste), one tablespoon of Dijon mustard, half a teaspoon of cumin (optional) and red pepper flakes or chilli powder to taste. Pour this delicious dressing over the salad and mix until all the ingredients are evenly combined.
Finally, season to taste with sea salt and pepper and give it one last stir. Cover the salad and place it in the refrigerator for one hour at least before serving – this will allow the flavours to get to know each other nicely! Serve chilled as a nutritious side dish or light lunch – enjoy!
With this delicious potato salad recipe, you’ll be feeling healthier and happier in no time! Say goodbye to the boring tasteless salad recipes that you know and treat yourself to this delicious recipe.
Avocado Potato Salad
- Cut red potatoes into halves (or quarters) and place the potato pieces in a pot. Sprinkle a bit of sea salt over the cut potato, then add room temperature water until the water level barely covers the red potato. Bring the pot a slow boil and allow the potatoes to cook for about 15 minutes, or until you can easily pierce the potato with a fork. Drain the water then add the potatoes to a large bowl to cool (to room temperature).
- In a separate bowl, mash the ripe avocado with a fork or potato masher. Then add in the remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix together with a fork. Season to taste with sea salt & pepper.
- Add the avocado mixture to the potatoes and mix together using a spatula. Season to taste.
- Garnish with cilantro, red onion and red pepper if desired.
- Enjoy immediately, or place in the fridge for at least 1 hour before enjoying (recommended).
Approximate macros for 1 of 5 servings:
Available in the FitMenCook app
Open this recipe in the FitMenCook app to add the ingredients to your shopping list, scale the recipe and track your calories. Enjoy!