Asian Inspired Orzo Pasta Salad with Peanut Sauce Dressing
Orzo Pasta Salad Recipe
- Cook orzo according to instructions given, then set aside.
- Set a nonstick skillet on high heat. Once hot spray with cooking oil – I used avocado oil – and add the shrimp. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until the shrimp is cooked through. OPTIONAL: if you’d like a bit more flavor, add a tablespoon or 2 of sriracha to the shrimp while it cooks. Set aside.
- In a bowl or jar, mix together the ingredients for the sauce. Add more/less of the ingredients to taste BUT remember to account for the changes to the caloric value of the sauce. This is especially important if you decide to add more powdered peanut butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the orzo and shrimp with the rest of the ingredients and add about 75% of the sauce.
Toss together and store in the fridge for at least 20 minutes or up to overnight.
- Add remaining sauce, toss then garnish and enjoy with low sodium soy sauce and/or fresh lime juice!
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.