This post is also available in: Spanish
Here’s quick dinner idea if you are looking for a high protein that will satisfy your taste buds, and maybe even impress a date! Or at least a family of picky eaters. Stuffed chicken breasts with shrimp just can’t lose. If you’re allergic to seafood, you can substitute shrimp for ground turkey or even chopped portobello mushroom.
Ingredients for at least 3 servings:
- 18oz chicken breasts (three 6oz chicken breasts, raw)
- 6oz cooked shrimp
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup mozzarella (reduced fat)
- 4 asparagus spears (chopped)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1 green onion (optional)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lemon
- Seasonings: garlic, Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, sea salt, rosemary (optional)
- Set oven to 375F.
- Chop up your veggies into small pieces – asparagus, bell pepper, red onion, green onion, garlic. Remember to remove the bottom stems from the asparagus and discard.
- Peel the cooked shrimp and chop into small pieces.
- In a bowl, mix shrimp, veggies, yogurt, cheese and a little sea salt and pepper.
- Season the chicken breast with garlic, sea salt, pepper, rosemary and fresh lemon juice.
- Slice the chicken along the side but be careful not to completely split it down the middle. The chicken breast should resemble a piece of pita bread.
- Evenly divide the shrimp mixture among the chicken breasts and stuff them.
- Place the chicken on a baking sheet. Top with thin slices of lemon.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the juice from the chicken has run clear.
Approximate macros for 1 stuffed chicken breast: