Got leftover quinoa? Not anymore! If you’re running out of ideas to incorporate in your diet, always go back to basics and try add fresh ingredients to quinoa. Quinoa doesn’t always have to be hot for it to be good. This is a great lunch recipe, ideal for those without access to a microwave or convection oven. Complex carbs + healthy fats + protein = a dish that can’t lose!
Ingredients for up to 5 servings:
- ~2.5 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1.5 Roma tomato (diced)
- 3/4 cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup Feta (or goat) cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp cumin
- juice from 1 lemon
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa according to instructions and fluff with a fork.
- Chill the quinoa in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- In a bowl, toss in all of the ingredients and stir with a spatula.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Scoop out about 3/4 cup – 1 cup for each serving.
Approximate macros for 1 of 5 servings:
176 calories, 6g protein, 23g carbs, 8g fat, 4g fiber, <1g sugar