Here’s a Mediterranean Greek-inspired chopped salad recipe as part of my Chopped Salad series! Remember, the wrap is optional and you can use whatever type of animal or vegan protein YOU prefer!
Ingredients for 1 wrap or salad:
- 1 10-inch whole wheat wrap
- 5oz chicken breast, cooked
- 1/8 cup goat cheese crumble
- 3 Romaine leaves
- 2/3 cup Boston (or butter) lettuce
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup cucumber
- 5 cherry tomatoes (cut in halves)
- 5 (or 15g) Kalamata olives, pitted (optional)
- Lemon vinaigrette for 3 servings
- Juice from 1 large lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Bragg Apple Cider vinegar
- pinch of sea salt
- generous pinches of pepper to taste
- In a bowl, mix together the ingredients for the lemon vinaigrette and season to taste with sea salt & pepper.
- Place all the salad ingredients on a large cutting sheet, and using the longest and sharpest knife you have, begin to chop up the salad to desired thickness.
- Once the salad is chopped, add it to a mixing bowl then add 1 serving of lemon vinaigrette. Mix the salad together with a spatula, then place some of the contents on whole wheat tortilla. Fold in the sides and tightly roll up the wrap.
- Enjoy any leftover chopped salad by itself.
Approximate macros for one 10-inch whole wheat tortilla:
200 calories, 30g carbs, 6g fat, 8g protein, 6g fiber, 3g sugar
Approximate macros for salad by itself with dressing:
445 calories, 18g carbohydrates, 17g fat, 50g protein, 7g fiber, 6g sugar
Approximate macros for 1 wrap with dressing:
645 calories, 48g carbs, 23g fat, 58g protein, 13g fiber, 9g sugar