Spicy Shrimp Burrito Bowl
Spicy Shrimp Burrito Bowl Recipe
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- Set a carbon steel skillet on medium high heat. Once hot, add oil and the bell pepper and onion. As the veggies cook in the skillet, Add a pinch of sea salt and season the shrimp in another bowl. Once the veggies have deep sear marks, remove them from the skillet and place it back on the heat.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook until the shrimp is plump and white, about 6 – 8 minutes, then remove them from the skillet.
- In a microwaveable safe bowl, add the cooked frozen rice and the black beans. Mix together then cook in the microwave or oven for 2 – 3 minutes. Season to taste with sea salt, pepper, lime juice and even cumin if you desire more flavor.
- Bring it together!
Evenly divide the rice mix among the meal containers, then the shrimp and veggies. If you desire a bit of sweetness to offset any spice, add a tablespoon or 2 of frozen corn to each serving.
- In a small sauce bin or container, add a few tablespoons of the enchilada sauce.
- Enjoy! If you enjoyed this recipe, you may enjoy this version as well!
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.