Freekeh Scallop Abundance Bowl
Scallop Abundance Bowl
- Cook freekeh according to instructions given and set aside.
- Set oven to 420F/216C.
- On a baking tray lined with parchment paper, add squash and onion. Drizzle with olive oil and seasonings. Mix together so that every piece has been coated in seasoning and oil. To a small part of the baking tray, add the garlic cloves (to be used for the sauce). Roast for 18 – 22 minutes, or until sear marks appear along the edges.
- Set a nonstick skillet on high heat, once hot spray with olive oil and toss in the kale. As the kale braises, add in tablespoons of water to create steam, which helps wilt and soften the kale. Once all of the kale turns a VIBRANT green color and is softer, remove from the skillet and set aside to cool.
- To a bowl or a blender, add the ingredients for the sauce, INCLUDING the roasted garlic cloves. Blend using an immersion blender in the bowl or use a blender to mix until smooth. Add tablespoons of water or lemon to reach your desired consistency.
- Thoroughly pat the scallops dry on a paper towel to prevent them from steaming and not searing in the skillet. Set the nonstick skillet back on HIGH heat, and once hot add olive oil.
- Season the scallops with a pinch of sea salt & pepper, then add them to the skillet. Sear on each side for 1.5 – 2 minutes, or until it appears caramelized on the sides. Remove from the skillet.
- Build the bowl! In a large mixing bowl, toss the roasted butternut, kale and cooked freekeh together. Add to a bowl. Drizzle in the sauce.
Add the scallops on top OR enjoy it as is! Both are amazing!
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.