Thai-inspired Coconut & Peanut Chopped Salad
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 1lb chopped Rotisserie chicken meat, NO skin
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (or powdered peanut butter to further reduce calories)
- 1 cup canned lite coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- juice from 1 lime
- water as needed for a thinner sauce
- 4 large Romaine lettuce leaves
- 1/2 medium red/purple cabbage, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion (or green onion)
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 3 sprigs of cilantro
- crushed peanuts (OPTIONAL)
- fresh cilantro
Mix together the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl. Season to taste with lime juice and ginger. Add tablespoons of water to the sauce if it is too thick. Place the sauce in an airtight container.
Peel the skin off the Rotisserie chicken and add white meat to a cutting board. Chop up the meat into small pieces, about 1/2-inch.
On another cutting board or sheet, add the ingredients for the salad. Using a large chef’s knife, chop up the entire salad together, continually folding the salad after each chop.
To a large bowl, add the ingredients for the salad and the chopped chicken. Toss everything together.
For meal prep, keep the salad separate from the sauce. For meal time, pour a few tablespoons over the salad in a large bowl and toss everything together.
Garnish and enjoy!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!